Our Current Clinics
St. Bernadette – 7600 South 42nd Street
Max. players per session: 40
Morning Session: Baseball – 10am – Noon
- 10am – 11am: Throwing Mechanics
- 11am – Noon: Hitting
Afternoon Session: Softball – 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Throwing mechanics
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Hitting
To complete registration, make checks payable to: Tom Oldham Baseball, Inc.
Send payment to:
Tom Oldham Baseball
3621 S. 96th Street
Omaha, NE 68124
The Advanced Pitching Clinic was designed for the elite level pitcher serious about understanding the details of pitching. The clinic provides a comprehensive learning environment where the player will gain a thorough understanding of themselves as a pitcher.
All aspects of pitching – mechanical, technical, and mental – will be covered in easy to understand format that the player will be able to implement into their games/practices immediately.
The mechanical portion of the clinic is focused on creating an efficient, repeatable delivery that maximizes the pitchers power. Pitchers will be given a throwing program with an array of drills to prepare them for a 20-25 pitch bullpen.
The technical portion of the clinic focuses on the pitcher’s responsibility in bunting coverage situations, fielding their position, pick-offs, and how to effectively use their pitches to setup hitters.
Finally, the mental portion of the clinic discusses the core responsibilities of a pitcher during a game and how to effectively channel emotions in order to think clearly during their outing. Topics covered during the mental portion include overcoming fear of failure, aggressiveness, competitiveness and developing poise on the mound.
At the clinic you will…
- Learn the correct grips and mechanics for command
- Learn what the action of the pitch is telling you
- Learn how to set-up your secondary pitches
- Learn which breaking ball you should throw
- Learn how many should be thrown
- Learn the importance of long toss
- Learn what to focus on in the game
- Receive a player evaluation
- Receive a training program with breaking ball drills
Tom Oldham – Pitching Instructor
Former AAA Pitcher, Seattle Mariners